Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Bar Harbor Batman

Well this has become interesting. I only became aware of the BHBM after TK posted on his blog if this guy was a RLSH or not?

My first response was no as being a "RLSH" should require a unique persona same as a RLSV (You have no idea on how many "new" RLSV members think they are the second coming of the Joker) this in retrospect was incorrect.... well on the RLSH front. All you tool bags who think you are the new Joker need a serious reality check.

Honestly... you want to go beat the hell out of people who dontate plasma in a poorly made spandex costumes?

After some thought and reflection the words of my RLSV comrade rang true:

---------------
Tothian:

It seems unfair for any of us on the Internet who don't know the guy personally to "decide" or "judge" whether he is or isn't a real life superhero. It just seems stupid.

Heroes aren't dubbed heroes because of a bunch of opinionated individuals on the Internet. I believe it's up to all of the people he may help or protect out on the streets to have their own opinions and perceptions of what they consider heroic, villainous, normal, weird, or whatever.

So, because of that, I see the titles as irrelevant. And as long as he's out trying to protect the people and all that cool stuff, he'll have my respect.
________

I find a new respect for the BHBM and support his work... granted if he gets a cease and desist letter from DC Comics I am afraid he is on his own... united we stand divided we fall.

Where as the RLSH could have embraced this mans message of peace and love they cast him out. I was wrong on my assessment of this person, and I here by formally apologize to The Bar Harbor Batman.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend... I welcome The Bar Harbor Batman to the ranks of the RLSV.

3 comments:

  1. Last I knew, BHBM was accepted as a fellow do-gooder. I was leery at first because I always dread anyone who thinks they're Batman, but I've spoken with him a couple times and he seems a good sort. I voiced my concern about his costume and DC Comics, but he's cool with that if it comes.. he'll become his own hero. The man does do good work after all.

    BHBM is a recognized and acknowledged "superhero". If anyone has a problem with that, just ask them if _they_ have earned the Silver Seal of Approval like he has.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the record on the Joker comment, I've been around alot longer than most of the RLSV that are around today. And I am the first coming of the RLS Joker :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I only had a dime for every time THAT statement has made it to the ROACH application inbox.

    You might as well try to impress us by saying you're the next Britney Spears, and you tell us to just click on this music video made by your friends at Ark Music Factory and we'll all see how hardcore you are.

    Christ, I haven't even clicked on your profile, let's see what's there. Ah. Fanfic writer. Are you one of those Otaku who work on the assumption that if there are infinite universes then your fandom must exist in ONE of them, and you were born into this dimension by mistake? Or was it on purpose because you're some kind of gift to the human species?

    ReplyDelete