Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Resources for Evil: Google Maps



One of my most favorite evil activities is telling people to use Google Maps. Google Maps is perhaps one of the greatest online resources for villainy that the internet has ever known.

Besides the fact it will automatically direct you to every toll road known to man... it also loves to send you on roads and bridges that are yet to be built.

Now I know what you are saying.. where is the villainy? Getting wrong directions from an online resource is annoying sure, but not particularly evil.

Well then howabout taking a Kayak to Japan? Yes folks Google Maps will actually give you directions to Japan via Kayak... only 35 days and 6 hours. I put in Los Angeles, CA as my starting destination, as on the map it looks like a pretty straight shot across the Pacific ocean. Unfortunately Google Maps does not approve of me shoving off from LA and sends me about 1,200 miles north to depart from Washington. Thankfully only after 2,756 miles of paddling it gives me a stop over in Hawaii to stretch my legs. After my brief respite another 3,879 miles by Kayak to Japan. Now you think just getting to the shore of Japan would be good enough... no sir not for Google Maps! Once on the banks of Japan I must travel another 200+ miles (all by toll roads) to the exact epicenter of this jewel of the orient.

Google Maps does not allow travel across the Atlantic Ocean, but the Pacific Ocean is apparently a Kayaking paradise. Look out Red Arrow... here I come!

1 comment:

  1. Poop Knife,

    Googlemaps seems to be more a research tool, than one used for navigation. Even the Garmin in the Malignomobile led me into a field once. These are the Wild West days of satelite navigation. Soon, through gps tracking in all new mobile phones, your location to within 3meters will be trackable - at all times!

    -Lord Malignance
    Lair Shielding - non existant!
    (Budgeting for Insanity is expensive)

    ReplyDelete