Friday, August 13, 2010

Spotlight: RLSH The Blue Blaze


Ah I do love it when a cape makes the news.


http://democratherald.com/news/local/article_d544f830-a581-11df-ba16-001cc4c002e0.html

Lebanon Police

And he can turn invisible — At 10:40 p.m. Monday, police received a call of a suspicious person at the 7-Eleven store and then the Ford dealership. The caller said a man wearing blue Spandex and a ski mask, carrying an umbrella and flashlight, was telling people he is a crime stopper named “Blue Blaze.” Police were unable to locate the wannabe super hero.


Imagine that people calling the police on someone in a silly looking costume declaring to be their saviour! Here is a quote from The Blue Blaze about masks.

"I first vowed never to wear a mask, but people kept confusing me for a jogger or bicyclist. After I started wearing a biker buff around my mouth, people instantly identified me for what I was in a positive and approachable manner."

Yes Mr. Blaze people did indeed identify you for what you are....a lunatic in blue spandex running around at night in car lots.

It seems the RLSH will never learn.... masks and costumes are for charity events... patrolling at night with them makes you look like a vigilante.

Seems like the police want to ask you a few questions Mr. Blaze.... say Zetaman knows who you are! Maybe he will do his civic duty and help law enforcement like all good little Real Life Super Heroes say they do.

10 comments:

  1. Poop Knife,

    Yikes!

    A quandry: Upstanding Citizen, or Obstructor of Justice? Blue Blazes? Isn't that like a curse word (and you'll have to ask Desdinova because one believes the origin is more regional)? If the police are looking for him - why doesn't he turn himself in? It's probably just questions about what the hell he's doing creeping around in his spandex underwear at night. No need for a barrister, UNLESS there was some crime committed he needs fear being tied to?

    This may amount to nothing, but it might also be the spark of potential.

    Good Detective work as always!
    -Lord Malignance

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a blue blazer once. It was quite warm and fashionable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The married RLSH with an internet radio show are apparently flipping their shit over this and I can't understand for the logical best of me why. Okay, he told people he was a superhero while on "patrol", so what? Isn't that what 99% of capes do when someone asks them whats with the costume? The only reason I can think they would be getting so bent out of shape over this is jealousy.

    Maybe he should have said he was an arch angel. That seems to be acceptable to the capes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My book, "I, Superhero," has interviews with a number of RLSH's and real-life supervillains. Available for preorder from Amazon and Barnes & Noble now!

    www.theamazingwhitebread.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my Lord, thank you Amazing Whitebread.

    You've just given me enough fuel to continue my crusade for another three years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm surprised it doesn't concern anyone that the police publicly admitted they were actually unable to locate a person in public who was wearing blue spandex.

    Otherwise I don't see why this is an issue. A guy wore a costume in public and at least told someone he was "Blue Blaze."

    Whoop-dee-doo.

    :)

    But still...

    COPS HELPLESS TO LOCATE COSTUMED SUPERHERO!!!

    ...and yet they called him the wannabe.

    Imagine how many criminals are wearing normal clothes. It must be a lot harder to find them.

    - Mega-Rad

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Really?!... um Whitebread...there are like five people that read this blog... that is including you. Good luck on selling that book.. and I would for sure expand on your advertising campain.

    Mega Rad... go make a real account. There have been many fakes on here so I will not respond as I cannot be sure this is the real Mega Rad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blue Blaze is an actor turned superhero. He had joined the Alternates, but recently left that group. However, at no time has he been anything but above board in his dealings with the public.

    He's a little unusual and high spirited, but quite harmless. Honestly, police probably didn't bother looking very hard for him since he didn't actually commit any wrongdoings. The caller simply reported him as suspicious.

    While on neighborhood watch patrol, I was reported to the police as a suspicious character.. Think about it, I'm walking through the neighborhood a couple of times at night and shining my flashlight into people's yards. I also stop to make sure people have secured their vehicles (never touch the handles.. just look at the locks). Most people recognize me, but sometimes they don't. That's why a reflective safety vest at night is GOOD. Criminals don't advertise themselves, and the neighbors can tell who I am in the dark easier.

    Ooohh hey.. I think I'll have my logo printed on the back of my safety vest!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm surprised that anyone would care whether I was the actual *super famous* Mega-Rad, but I've now created a real account.

    This subculture results in more places to log onto and more passwords to remember than a legitimate job. Grumble grumble mutter mutter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. And now I've renamed my display name and uploaded a unique picture that I call "Red Lotus"... so that, you know, it's clear I didn't just swipe it off of my facebook page.

    ReplyDelete